No. of Recommendations: 0
I think you should consider a Tax-Sheltered account first. The Roth IRA is the best (in my opinion). It allows you to contribute post-tax dollars and never pay taxes on the money or the Gains in the account again. You are allowed to contribute up to $2000 per year into a Roth account, and this restriction may go up to $5000 per year. There is also an income restriction that you must meet. (Check out the IRA section of the Fool for more details).

As for a strategy, there are so many!! You can open up a self-directed Roth IRA and decide yourself how you will invest the money you contribute (Index funds, Mutual funds, individual stocks, CDs, etc...).

Good luck,
the hendrys
Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
Live Video Event Monday!
The GP team is hosting a live video event on Monday at 4 p.m. ET. Don't worry if you can't make it — we'll have a replay and a transcript. Click for more!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.