Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 2
I thought about video editing, but recently Office Depot started offering it for $50 a video and I could not match that and make a living.

As the wagon driver would say....WHOA NELLIE!

Office Depot likely has restrictions on what they will do for $50. And they will certainly from time to time have that area of the store staffed by a new employee, maybe someone who walked in just looking for a job, and wouldn't know customer service if it bit him on the behind.

You could clean their clock when it comes to personal service, offering suggestions, adding features, etc.

If that's a typical Office Depot store, they have a small copy center where they will copy, bind, sell business cards, sell envelopes, etc. Odds are, they can do it cheaper than traditional printers in the area. Odds are, those traditional printers didn't close their doors because Office Depot came to town.

I live in a town of 20,000. A new Office Max with a Copy Max center was recently built. The traditional printers didn't stop printing envelopes and business cards just because Office Max could do it cheaper.

Wal-Mart probably has the cheapest photo processing in town - yet there are about a dozen other places that offer it, for a higher price, and a new one just opened up less than a mile from my house. Those higher price providers offer something Wal-Mart can't.

ShelbyBoy
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.