Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I thought it was a very different mood at the end of the women's competition as opposed to at the end of the men's. At the men's competition everyone seemed to agree that the Japanese really deserved to win gold and the men seemed happy to win silver. In contrast, the ladies seemed sad last night to win silver. I realize the dream is to win gold, but c'mon people, it's a freaking silver at the Olympics! Is it too much to ask for you to smile? Anyway, I'm proud of what the Americans did, but I do think the Romanians deserve the gold. They were the better team last night. Under this new format, a wobble here, a step there, can mean the difference between gold and silver. and that's what happend last night.

Part of the difference in the way that the men reacted vs. the women; the women's team was the reigning world champion; they were favored to win the gold. The men's team was not expecting it.
Add to that the fact that the women largely beat themselves; the Romanians aren't better, they just didn't make the multiple mistakes that the US team made (of course, the Romanians fully deserved the gold)

David
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.