My Take on Teladoc / Livongo

I too, dipped my toes into TDOC today for the first time. I had previously had a very small LVGO stake and sold the last of it two days before the merger was announced.

I always liked the idea of TDOC, and despite current and future competition, I feel like they are ahead of what should continue to be a long term trend of virtual healthcare services, that has been accelerated by the pandemic and lockdowns this year.

To me, simply the idea that TDOC has gone from $250/share down to $175/share in a few days, after adding what we all believe to be a great company in LVGO, it just felt like a good entry point for a company that I want to be along for the ride on.

Yes, they may have challenges in combining the businesses, yes they diluted themselves quite a bit by the acquisition, but still, I like my chances buying and holding them for the next few years.

I also added to my GH this morning, given that the stock price didn’t move too much after getting Guardant360’s FDA approval at the end of last week. And I added just a little bit more DDOG.

To fund these, I sold a some of my MDB, TTD, and my first AMZN sale in a very long time, finally willing to pay some taxes on a portion of those gains to shift funds into the above.

-mekong

16 Likes