Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 5
I too feel true sorrow, but also some frustration at those who can't understand the sentiment of the orriginal article.

Whether you feel pride or not is up to you. As someone who doesn't get the attraction of military service, I will leave that one alone.

What I couldn't understand was the apparent fear of Kerry as a CIC. After all, it is our current president who has put our troops in harm's way and pretty much committed our armed forces to a prolonged occupation of a hostile country. At least Kerry has been to war, been hurt in action, and presumably has a bit more of an idea of what it is like for soldiers to be in a war zone.

People's kids are being sent into an unstable situation and are getting killed. This isn't something I can understand anyone having pride in.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.