No. of Recommendations: 0
I too have only recently began to build up a retirement portfolio. I had a small TSP account that I rolled into an USAA S&P 500 index fund as an IRA. I have two small IRAs both with Hartford, Cap. App.-A & Growth Stock-A. I have sent off the paperwork to be transferred into my USAA S&P index fund as well.
I recently have taken on a position with a Govt. contractor that will allow me to allocate 15% of my pretaxed earnings into a 401k with T. Rowe Price. I have 7% Equity Index 500, 7% Growth Stock. The final 1% is in company stock with a 1% match.
I have also recently opened a Money Market fund with USAA, that will hold the principle bulk of my cash savings as I save for a down payment on a house. After the purchase of my home I will to begin lumping the majority of my savings into an Vanguard Index 500 fund.
My young age, 34, has found me full of desire to become agressive toward my investment strategy. Thus, leading me to purchase stock from 3 companies Corning, Duke, and Pepsi utilizing DCA with purchases every 2 weeks. This I hope was not done foolishly or errantly. I do believe stongly in these companies, so we will see what happens.
By the New Year I plan on picking up a Roth Ira. I know this sounds like a New Year's Resoulution, but I don't make resoulutions, this way I have less to beat myself up about during the rest of the year:) It is that by the end New Year's Holiday I will have the allocated $2000 saved in which to open my account.
Well, that is me and my plan. I'd love to hear others and their ideas or comments.
Seeya,
fas2c
Print the post  

Announcements

The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.