Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
I, too, opened a DRIP account with JCI in 1995 (January) with an initial purchase of $100.00 and automatic purchase of $50.00 per month. To date, according to my figures, it's up a little over 50% total for the period. I'm pretty happy with it, myself. And the news I read about it is positive, so I'm expecting it to continue to do well.

The reason I originally started my DRIP with JCI was because they have such an ideal DRIP plan--low entrance and no fees for anything except selling (plus the fact that info I found on the company was very positive). It's too bad other really good companies don't have such good plans. Some of the newer direct purchase plans have such high fees that you will do as well purchasing through a broker--and the idea that you have to pay fees to reinvest dividends is completely ridiculous.

Not knocking your "knock" on JCI, but think it's just a matter of getting in and staying in for the long haul.

Go Tigers (LSU)-- Just beat Florida !!!
Gary Stafford

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.