Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
I try to keep several books going at once. I try to keep a current list, intended future reading, and small reviews and perhaps some discussion of the books that I have completed on my site:

http://www.xenonax.com/books/

I just finished Flatland by Edwin A. Abbott. It isn't a very large book, but intriguing none-the-less. It gives one a sense of how to consider different dimensions of space. It discusses at length two dimensions and touches on 1 and 0-dimensions. Also, the two-dimensional world is compared with a third dimension and the fourth is somewhat explored. I find it even more interesting that this book was written something like 100 years ago.

The other books that I am currently reading are:

Body of Secrets by James Bamford. This book is a rather enlightening look at the NSA, and is fairly easy to read. I'm about half-way through this one, and am finding it much easier to read than Puzzle Palace, Bamford's other book on the NSA. To tell the truth, I have yet to finish Puzzle Palace and am easily making my way through Body of Secrets.

Philosophy of Science by Alexander Bird. This is one of the texts for a course that I am in this semester by the same name. I am not really enjoying it too much as the language can be pretty difficult to follow from time to time. Out of the three books for the Philosophy of Science course, this is probably the one that I least enjoy.

In Search of Schrödinger's Cat by John Gribbin. I own several books by this author as I find his writing fairly easy to follow and as such I learn a lot about the subject matter he covers. This book is about quantum physics, and I'm about a quarter done with it.

I'm tending to read more of Bamford's book right now, and anticipate that I will finish that book before the others on this list. That's about it for now. I'll try to keep my site fairly up-to-date so that those that are looking for books to read may find something interesting there.

--Xenonax
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.