Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
I understand how you feel - DM doesn't always think about how preparing 2 sets of foods, one for me and sugar-filled for the rest of the family, makes me feel. But I also learned that avoiding friends and social environments because I can't/shouldn't eat the foods is not healthy either. Do not let others dictate to you the situations in which you feel comfortable.

The enjoyment of a birthday party comes from being among friends, not from the eating. It comes from the bad singing of Happy Birthday, not gorging on icing. How about a compromise - a small gathering of close friends with low carb or reduced sugar birthday cake and Coke Zero. Have her prepare sugar free foods so that you can join in on the eating, getting your guests to celebrate on your terms.

And you can still take the day off and do something you have never done before.

Fuskie
Who is reminded that birthdays are about celebrating the great things in your life and not getting dragged down by the negatives...
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.