No. of Recommendations: 0
I understand repetitive behaviors
, both from when I worked at Blind School (many autistic and complex --more than merely blind--in our groups) and a bit of myself maybe. I like swinging, and often crave either the hammock or a swing to move.

Anyway, I went on a retreat Saturday before last, focused on "self image and food " type of things. One item the instructor mentioned was to have A Routine, any kind of Routine, to do every day.

I have been walking in my labyrinth (I am blessed to have a woods, and put a labyrinth in it in 2006--very personal). I have been there Every Day since sunday before last except for the days I went to the gym instead. Tonight was a major leap forward, as we came home from the vet (annual dog shots)with BBQ Ribs to go, and I explained to my husband I could NOT skip my walk to eat first, and If I ate, it would be too dark outside to walk. So I walked. It was great to do that and I feel empowered to have made such a decision with food. He did save me some ribs and side dishes.

I ate 3 candies also, I put THREE spearmint leaves in a bag, for a portion control thing. such a novelty but it worked.

just a few examples from my life.

jts
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.