Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 28
I understand that you believe everything pro-sternberg. The only way to decide how credible that belief is is to examine the details of the accusations. But you refuse to discuss the details, you only keep referring back to some web sites.

Let's recap. In post http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=26603955 you made two assertions:

Dr. Sternberg did lose his position as a research associate at the Smithsonian in violation of his free speach and civil rights.

Dr. Sternberg did lose his position with Proceedings Magazine.

Let's consider them one at a time.

1. Dr. Sternberg did lose his position as a research associate at the Smithsonian in violation of his free speach and civil rights.

First we have established that Sternberg completed his full term as a research associate. We also established that his original sponsor passed away during that term. He reapplied for the position but was not able to find another sponsor so was given a research collaborator position instead. There is nothing improper about this. For an assertion of bias, one would have to demonstrate that the research associate positions were given to folks less qualified than Sternberg. I've seen no evidence to that effect. I've seen no evidence that the Sternberg application was treated any differently than normal.

I think we can safely say that this assertion is false.

2.Dr. Sternberg did lose his position with Proceedings Magazine.

Sternberg was an acting editor of the of the Proceedings of the Biological Society of Washington. I presented you with the minutes of the annual meeting in 2004 announcing that Sternberg had retired from the editorship in October of 2003 and was awaiting replacement. This retirement was over 6 months BEFORE the controversy.

I think we can safely say that this assertion is also false.

I conclude then that anyone, who when given this information still continues to make the same assertions, displays questionable credibility and integrity on the issue. That's not so much of an insult and as it is an objective appraisal based on the available information.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.