Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 88
I understand why you are angry. You support an abhorrent procedure that results in the death of a human life. About the only defense you can use is to attack opponents personally.

Here's a question, c-man. You are very conservative, financially, IIRC.

Here's a situation for you:

I am married. We have deliberately become pregnant with a child, on purpose, that we am planning to raise, it's my second child and I'm a SAHM.

We find out that my husband is going to lose his job within 90 days, and with it, our health insurance.

We also find out, through pre-natal care, that my child has a severe genetic defect and will not be able to live more than a few days after birth.

The child, while it lives, will require round the clock NICU care, and the estimated costs overall will be in the neighborhood of $250,000-$500,000 for the birth of the child and those few days of life, at minimum.

The child will be in pain for its entire existence. However, there is no direct danger to me, as the mother.

Your mythical laws have passed. I am not permitted to get an abortion, and will end up having to endure the birth.

I would terminate this child, but YOU have taken that choice from me. I would then sign papers that make the child someone else's responsibility, and give away all rights to that child.

But...

Who is responsible for the hospital bill? Who has to pay for the care of the child until it dies? Who is on the hook for my hospital stay? What happens if, due to complications, I am required to have a c-section? Who is on the hook for THAT bill?

Remember, we lost our health insurance, and no one will take us on right now due to my - ahem - pre-existing condition.

WHO PAYS THOSE BILLS? You are FORCING me to carry and bear this child, this child that I DO NOT WANT, but NO ONE ELSE WILL TAKE. You are forcing a child to live in pain, only to die, but at what exhorbitant cost?

I want to know. Who pays for the children with genetic defects that would otherwise have not been brought into the world? Who pays for the children who are so damaged that they cannot live a normal life - FOR AS LONG AS THEY SHALL LIVE?

Who pays for the delivery costs of the mother, who is trying to put her child up for adoption but cannnot find someone who wants a child that will die within a few days? Weeks? Years? And need medical care their entire short lives?

WHO PAYS, c-man? Never mind the emotional and physical cost, but the financial one?

YOU WANT TO SELL WOMEN BACK INTO SLAVERY, I WANT TO KNOW WHO PAYS.

GSF
... effing TIRED of the deliberate obtuseness...
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.