Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 1
I use my USAA card almost exclusively. It's big advantage is that it's chip/PIN. Europe especially is geared for that: insert card, enter PIN when prompted, transaction done. Very secure (which is why they do it over there...we are very foolish not to be doing it on this side of the pond).

None of my other cards offer that. So I use my USAA VISA. I would have to double check to see if there's an exchange fee.

Interesting comment about currency. So always do it in local currency. I will try to remember that.

I don't generally use a debit card. In fact, I think my credit union never sent me a new one because I never used the old one. I did get cash with my USAA card once, but usually I have cash in my money belt and just look for a currency exchange (often at the airport, but I have had to find a bank a couple of times).

1poorguy
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.