Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 1
I use TD Ameritrade. For options $5 and under it's free ($0.03 Fed tax). Normally, they charge $9.99 for trades, but if you sign-up under Dough.com or call them and tell them you use Dough.com if you have an existing account, they charge $1.50 a contract + fed tax.

Last year I made over 500 multi-legged option trades that cost a bundle at $10+ a trade. Someone on one of these MF option boards told me about the reduce commission if you just call them. I tell you what, it's making a huge difference in P/L and giving me the ability to be more agile in option trading.

I've looked at other brokerages, but ThinkOrSwim (TOS) is one of the best platforms I've ever used. I was willing to pay that extra commission just to use TOS.

horb
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.