Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I use the BSR (Bernina Stitch Regulator) when I free motion quilt, but you may have already mastered that if you quilt on your current machine.

The BSR is one of the features that really interests me. I like that the stitches are all the same length, something which I still find challenging, but that hasn't stopped me from doing the free-motion quilting.

The machine comes with basic feet, such as a edge foot, an open toe foot, and a zipper foot. The quilting edition probably comes with a darning foot and a quarter inch foot as well.

I went back to the Bernina site and looked again. The 770QE does come with the 1/4" foot, but they call it a patchwork foot, which is not a name I've ever heard, so I didn't realize it was the same thing. It is the one with the guide. They have a nice video on the site showing how to do the 1/8" and 1/4" seams by the markings on the foot as well as mitering the corners by markings on the foot. It is the same method I use today for that, but today, I have to mark the point at which to stop sewing vs. having a foot that is marked already. So that sounds like it would be nice and convenient.

I am definitely talking myself into doing this now. I told DH that it really isn't a question of if I am getting a new machine. It is really more a question of when. I have had the current machine for 25 years, and I do love it and don't yet use all its capabilities, but I want a machine for the next 25 years, and it just might be time.

I am heading out in about an hour, and will report back on what I find. I may also look at the Pfaffs that they have. The shop also carries Husqvarna / Viking, but I've just never liked their machines, so I expect I will be looking at the Pfaffs and Bernina this time.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.