Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 2
I used an Otterbox on a previous iPhone 6. Protected but not completely. Did allow me to take the phone out into the surf and on mud runs to get some pics/video. For my 8+ I opted just for a thin grip/no slip cover with belt loop case. Dropped it a few times with no major damage. For the surf/mud runs I now have a GoPro.

When I get the 12 Max Pro, I'll just get the grip/no slip cover again with a belt loop case. Reading about the drop tests, seems way beyond anything I'd do. Of course in theory I could drop it 20+ feet on a hike. And I think it can stay underwater for 30 minutes up to 10 feet. So unless you are into something extreme, an Otterbox seems overkill and too bulky, IMHO.

JLC
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.