Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 1
I used to have an account at NetBank, and I, too, never had any problems transferring money from one account to the other. When you transer the money from checking to money market or vice-versa, the transfer is immediate. For statement purposes, it might not be posted until the next business day, but it is available immediately.

The NetBank money market rate has been very steady. Last year it shot up to 6.00%APY, where it remained until just a week or two ago. Even now, it is still 5.75%APY, which is still an outstanding rate.

You might want to also check out National InterBank at www.nationalinterbank.com. They offer 4.00%APY on interest checking and 5.65%APY on money market, both accounts offering NO monthly fees and NO minimum balance requirements. They also offer real-time posting of transactions. I have also heard that they will offer ACH transfers (like CompuBank offers) and credit/debit card deposits in the first quarter of this year (at least that is their target date).
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.