Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I voted for separate checking and savings becaue my husband gets reimbursed for mileage and when we were putting those expense checks in our joint account he was terrible about letting me know when he had make a withdrawal, which was not a good thing back in the days when we were juggling bills paycheck to paycheck. I decided that he needed his own checking account to prevent our joint account from coming up short. We later opened a separate savings account for him that he uses to save a portion of his expense checks for new tires, car maintenance and repairs.

In our case, it's not really a matter of mine or his. It's just a matter of math and convenience.

Ravenstyx
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.