Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 8
The message you're trying to access has been removed from the boards. The most likely reason for this is that the message violated our Fool's Rules about appropriate content. Either that or it was swallowed up by intergalactic space beasts from the planet Xeenu.

Please check out The Motley Fool's Terms and Conditions of Service.

Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 3
For the life of me, I cannot fathom the sentiments expressed in the above post.
No. of Recommendations: 16
"For the life of me, I cannot fathom the sentiments expressed in the above post."
--------------------------

I'm sorry for you.

I could not be more proud of my son's service.
I'm sorry for you.

---------------

Right here is where Grumpy jumps in and posts a new pic of his two proudly serving sons!!

www.grumpy's_two_sons_in_the_Army.jpg

;-))

(Adding a bit of levity, I hope!)

(Grumpy) Yoda!
No. of Recommendations: 7
Yoda: <...Right here is where Grumpy jumps in and posts a new pic of his two proudly serving sons!!.>

Sorry, but I think you've seen these already:
http://groups.msn.com/GrumpyPix/online.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=229
http://groups.msn.com/GrumpyPix/online.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=230
http://groups.msn.com/GrumpyPix/online.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=231
http://groups.msn.com/GrumpyPix/online.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=232
http://groups.msn.com/GrumpyPix/online.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=233
http://groups.msn.com/GrumpyPix/online.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=240

Update: Infantryman SPC Armin Keidel just finished a three day drill in Massachusetts and is waiting to start school at Mount Wachusett College on Thursday. He fears his classes may be interrupted by an Afghanistan deployment, next year.
Young son PV2 Wilhelm Keidel entered his fourth AIT week and should know by now where he will be assigned after he graduates on 5 NOV 04. He hasn't been in contact with me in almost three weeks. I am anxious to know how much of his leave time he will spend with us. We've got one more Border Ranger shoot, before the seasons close us down. Will always enjoyed those and our last one this year is on 14 NOV 04; perhaps he can make it. Unfortunately, his brother Armin has drill in Massachusetts that weekend also.
http://groups.msn.com/GrumpyPix/grumpyslife.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=188
http://groups.msn.com/GrumpyPix/grumpyslife.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=234
http://groups.msn.com/GrumpyPix/online.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=224

So there, lots more pictures, and I will post new ones as soon as Will comes home on leave!

Regards,

Grumpy
check out: http://BorderRangers.com
No. of Recommendations: 1
So there, lots more pictures, and I will post new ones as soon as Will comes home on leave!

----------

You keep right on posting pics, Grumpy! I, for one, enjoy them!

Yoda

Regards,

Grumpy

I had missed the first and the last on the list so thanks for having a complete catalogue.

Mrs. Grumpy is a tad short, eh? Armin and Will tower over her. It's all those vitamins growing up that makes growing up, er, growing up.

A request. Can you get your boys to take pictures you can include? I'd look forward to them.

MichaelR

No. of Recommendations: 2
Sorry, you can only recommend a post to the Best of once.

"For the life of me, I cannot fathom the sentiments expressed in the above post."
--------------------------

I'm sorry for you.

-----
I too feel true sorrow, but also some frustration at those who can't understand the sentiment of the orriginal article.

No. of Recommendations: 5
I too feel true sorrow, but also some frustration at those who can't understand the sentiment of the orriginal article.

Whether you feel pride or not is up to you. As someone who doesn't get the attraction of military service, I will leave that one alone.

What I couldn't understand was the apparent fear of Kerry as a CIC. After all, it is our current president who has put our troops in harm's way and pretty much committed our armed forces to a prolonged occupation of a hostile country. At least Kerry has been to war, been hurt in action, and presumably has a bit more of an idea of what it is like for soldiers to be in a war zone.

People's kids are being sent into an unstable situation and are getting killed. This isn't something I can understand anyone having pride in.
No. of Recommendations: 0
"I too feel true sorrow"

You must really feel bad now that the original post has been pulled.

Did someone use a bad word and get the Fool censors riled up?

jb
jb,

I guess so I saw no bad word or anything that would get the fool sensors riled up. Of course those that tend to clasify any who disagre with them as Neo-cons, repugs, itiots, etc., also tend to find anything they don't understand as offensive and scary. I don't know why it was pulled, wasn't my post.

I wish people who FA posts especially here would have the gumption (oops almost said something there that would have got this post FA'd) to fess up...

Ben
No. of Recommendations: 12
Brewer,

I don't know you that well so I took a look at your profile and you had Bamberg Germany as one of your favorite vacation spots, I can't fault you for that, I just finished a 2 year vacation their myself. In fact I might have to drive back down their in a couple of weeks to visit some friends.

That said I don't think you will find very many people in the military that think that being hurt in action, trumps the fact that Kerry illegally negotiated with the enemy, he also while still in the military gave aid and comfort to them by "endorsing" their desires. All of this while still a member of the military, he should have been court martialed and have a felony on his record. He should not be running for President.

So while I have the greatest respect for your choice of vacations spots, I have little respect for the man you support to lead our country.

Ben
Waiting for the viable third party candidate.
"Waiting for the viable third party candidate. "

How will we EVER get a "viable" third party candidate if you CONTINUE to support the idiots the major parties put up?

If they aren't "viable", you won't support them.
They can't become viable UNTIL you support them.
Catch-22

You standing around waiting for someone else to fix the problem. There are probably millions of others just like you. If all of the people who want the problem fixed would take action to fix it, it might just get fixed- but if they all sit around doing nothing, it won't!

You will NEVER get what you want if you continue to support what you DON'T want...

Supporting the "lesser of 2 evils", in the end, is still SUPPORTING EVIL!

jb

FYI, I voted this week, and in the end, I voted for the best candidate (Libertarian Michael Badnarik) instead of the lesser of 2 evils (which, this year, was Kerry).
Wow I find it strange that I am going to say this but I actually wrote a post similar to this today. Unfortunatley I haven't seen a third party candidate that I would support. To be perfectly honest I wasn't aware that there was a third party candidate with a dog in the race other than Nader, until last week. Mainly because the media at large doesn't give them any air-time or notice. I think that the main part of the problem is that these folks aren't in the debate, the guy you voted for is on the ballot in more states than Nader, but I hadn't heard of him until a few days ago and he isn't included in the national polling.

Sorry I have to say I read the "local paper" like most american that read the paper. I pick up an hour or so of general news in a day, that is about all I have time for.

Now please step back off of your anger filled soap box, or at least understand that some of us on this military fools boards aren't actually in the U.S. so we have to go with what we can find and may not have time to search out third party candidates if we don't know that they exist.

Ben
"military fools boards aren't actually in the U.S. so we have to go with what we can find and may not have time to search out third party candidates"

I'm assuming you have internet access, since you are posting here.

I'm assuming you have time since you frequently post here.

In the time it took you to write that post, you could have gone to any one of dozens of political web sites to find out what other folks are on the ballot- politics1, dnet, lwv, opensecrets, etc.

jb
No. of Recommendations: 8
I'm assuming you know that I am not a political junkie.

I'm assuming that when I say viable I mean one that aat least has some shot at national publicity.

I'm assuming if one is running for president they should be able to be booked on a national news show at some point before the election.

I'm assuming that you just feel like being a _______ as usual.

I'm assuming you could try to be civil.

I'm also going to tell you I have never heard of the web pages you mentioned.

I'm assuming most americans haven't.

I'm assuming until some of these other parties are able to break into the national media ala Ross "big ears" perot that they are not viable candidates.

I'm assuming that most Americans are a hell of alot lasier than I am and don't want to have to search out a candidate on the internet.

Of course that's assuming a lot.

But that's what you like to do.

Oh right and in the 30 or so minutes I spend on these boards your right I could be doing something else but scouring the internet for every person running for president doesn't do it.

Until we reform the political system that allows the two major parties to lock third party candidates out of the debates, well I guess we probably won't have a viable candidate.

Ben
Who is still waiting for a viable (ie not crackpot Nader) third party candidate. :o)
"I'm assuming until some of these other parties are able to break into the national media ala Ross "big ears" perot that they are not viable candidates"

Again, unless people are willing to support something different, they will never get something different. No party will EVER get past the obstacles the major parties throw up UNLESS people are willing to support them. If you, and everyone who feels like you do, sits around waiting for someone else to do it, you have ENSURED that it will never get done.

"I'm also going to tell you I have never heard of the web pages you mentioned.

I'm assuming most americans haven't."

You seem to be a fairly bright guy. I assume you know how to do a web search- it isn't rocket science. I suspect you could find all you the information you want in a matter of minutes with minimal effort. The web sites I listed were just a few that popped into my head- there are probably hundreds (thousands?) that provide the same info.

FYI, if you want local information (many sites just have national/state level stuff), your local League of Women Voters site may have info even on local stuff (for those of you who may be overseas and not hear about local issues). The LWV is what some folks may call "left wing", but they do a great job of allowing all parties access to their web sites (they used to run the Presidential debates before the Republicrat "debate commission" was created).

"Until we reform the political system that allows the two major parties to lock third party candidates out of the debates, well I guess we probably won't have a viable candidate."

I assure you, it won't be reformed until people like you and me are willing to stand up and demand it. The Republicrats have a lock on the system now, and they sure as Hell aren't going to reform a system that keeps them in power.

jb

No. of Recommendations: 2
Grumpy,

He fears his classes may be interrupted by an Afghanistan deployment, next year.

I am in Kandahar now waiting for a flight to Karshi so I can fly to Bagram. With any luck the Air Force will have a plane that will actually make it to the end of the runway without aborting (three attempts with two different C-130s to get off the ground in Karshi).

Afghanistan seems to have become the forgotten war. Kandahar is stuck somewhere between an forward deployed outpost and a garrison. The quality of life almost sucks here unless you are a KBR employee. I will let you know about Bagram when I am finished there.

Best wishes to your sons and I hope they return safely.

Mike
JB,

I don't disagree with you, but I will also continue to play devils advocate. My point being that these candidates currently aren't viable because most people are too lazy to search them out. I am willing to bet if we did a poll right now 75% of those polled wouldn't be aware that there was another 3rd party candidate in the race other than Nader.

I get frustrated with the process...I mean these ________ like to talk about free and fair elections yet they do everything they can to block those that want to get on the ballot.

Anyway I am quite capable of searching, but I honestly had no reason to search for another candidate when I didn't think they exested, that was my whole point. I have no problem going to look up issues but I have to know that the candidate exists.

But I really do understand that we need to be proactive in order to change things.

Ben