Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 3
I want the soldiers home. You want to waste lives by sticking to this insanity.

If you think it's insanity to stay the course Iraq, then I can understand that you wouldn't want American lives wasted there. But that's not what we think about the war, so apparently we are insane.

And I'm sorry to say that Kerry is apparently insane as well, since staying the course is what he says he will do, except that he will do it smarter and better.

It's not like Vietnam, where boys were drafted out of normal lives and sent off to war. It's an all volunteer force now, and the soldiers believe in what they are doing. Or, if they didn't, they wouldn't be reenlisting, and others would not be joining up, as they are. They believe they are fighting for America's security and that they have done many good and noble things for the people of Iraq, and it wasn't really necessary to dishonor them and dismiss their deeds and sacrifices in order to oppose the war.

It will be interesting to see what happens within the military if Kerry is elected considering all the things he's done and said.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.