Skip to main content
Update
Non-financial boards have been closed.

Non-financial boards have been closed but will continue to be accessible in read-only form. If you're disappointed, we understand. Thank you for being an active participant in this community. We have more community features in development that we look forward to sharing soon.

Fool.com | The Motley Fool Community
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 4
I want to get an app that will let me cut-off the wifi from my phone. Owlboy crawled in bed with me at 4:00 a.m. wanting to watch Liv & Maddie on his tablet. I don't have to fight him to go to bed. I have to fight him to not go to bed early. I don't know how many times I've said. "It's only seven; you can't go to sleep yet!" He made it all the way to 8:20 last night so I thought I was safe.

Wally

One option is a Circle. https://meetcircle.com/ You can set times kids/devices can access the wifi, even what they can/can't access. Even pause the internet for people/devices.

So, when the 14yr old highly obsessed with video games exchange student needs to work on homework (and only homework) I can filter his access to only Google classroom and educational sites. Or say, no youtube, but you can go to Pandora.

So for 4am watching parties - you can say the internet doesn't work at 4am. Because you set a bedtime on his devices, and they don't turn back on until 9am on Saturdays.

Hope that helps!
Hunzi
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.