Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
I want to know where to START.

I'd like to get more info on rental properties and how to make that work. Do I need to save for the down payment on those or can I/should I borrow against my house?

I don't even know if I COULD be FI and RE. I'd like to be, but I need a place to start. So, please respond to SS's question -- I'd love to see where you started...Daniel

I think it starts w/ creativity and thinking outside the box. Realizing that you are not bound by preconceived expectations about who you are or what you can achieve. about what other people expect out of you or where they place you in their world view.

aside from that, there are many ways to accomplish your dreams and goals - some of them being achievements and some of them being the walk itself

but you really want to know where to start? well...

I read this article a while back, it said the Microsoft employs more millionaire secretaries than any other company in the world. they chose stock options over Christmas bonuses. It was a good move. I remember there was this photo of one of the groundskeepers standing next to his Ferrari. You see shit lke this, and you just can't see. Makes you think its possible even easy. And you turn on the TV and there's just more of it. The 87 million dollar lottery winner. That kid actor who just made 20 million on his last movie. The Internet stock that shot through the roof. You could have made millions off it if you just got in early. And that's exactly what I wanted to do. Get in. I didn't want to be an innovator. I just wanted to make the quick, easy buck. I just wanted in. The Notorious BIG put it best. "Your either slingin crack rock, or you got a wicked jump shot." Nobody wants to work for it anymore. There's no honor in taking that after-school job at Mickey-Dee's. The honor's in the dollar kid. So in the whiteboy way of slingin crack rock, I became a stockbroker.

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.