Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 7
I was going to congratulate you on finally coming round to see the merits of Brookfield (BAM), and wondered how you could have a 20% loss YTD given that the stock has gone practically straight up. But then I saw your allocation, which is -1.7%, so I now understand the entry in your table, where you list Brookfield Asst Mgt (S)... :( Do you feel the share price has gotten ahead of itself, or do you still give credence to the idea that the books are getting cooked?

Big position in energy, 32%. Got to think that will end up working out well. Can't say the same thing about the 10% position in cannabis. The Miracle Gro (SMG) position is half of that, and is basically based on the thesis that there will be a lot more marijuana being grown, as legalization rolls out everywhere? There's already a fair bit being grown, and legalization does not seem to have increased total consumption, at least according to the experience in Colorada and now Canada. Is your SMG position based on the idea that there actually will be increased production, and that this company will be selling the equipment?

Kudos that you have the guts to lay out your whole portfolio like that!

Regards, DT
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.