Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I was killed at the prerelease, I had been selling puts and was up 3K waiting for the earnings date. Ameritrade picked Monday to have the options quotes quit working and after calling them and explaining I was worried about my ilmn put I got the after hours surprise. so instead of making 3k I lost almost 2k.

The stock was obviously manipulated up to 180's by the institutional holders I believe which would have been no problem if an regular earnings date had been set - I would have cleared out. I was so outraged I looked up how to make a SEC complaint, on the surface it looks as if there was some sort of collusion.

I like the company and their products, ilmn with Craig Ventner & others have done great stuff. Whoever is in charge of earnings estimates and when to report them is a jerk however.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.