Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
I was looking at their chart all the way back to the '90s and they first peaked in '95 at $57 and peaked again in 2000 at $43

It might be reasonable to assume they may get back to $40 if smartphones and tablets keep selling good this year.

Yeah, I bought Cirrus back in the late 1990's. My first stock purchase a few years out of school. Spent a very large chunk of my savings too. Have held and never sold since then....13-14 years? I was at the Shareholders meeting in in Austin, TX in 2000 on the day when it hit $46/share, thinking I was on my way to very early retirement. Of course, it fell and has been in the basement for about a decade. But I never sold.

Yeah, smart phone sales (esp with Apple) should continue to do well, esp now that China is making deals with Apple. The new growth area for Cirrus is in LED lighting. They have designed chips for the sockets that the LED lights would go into. Their largest customer is Phillips, who won a governmental award for the best LED design. Over the next few years, this will be a tremendous growth market since LED is expected to replace incandescent bulbs and CLF's. Cirrus chips are going to market this quarter for LED's. Revenues for this area should start ramping up mid to late 2012. This will be additional revenue in addition to the growth in smart phones and tables (Cirrus is in iPhone and iPad).

The next 12-18 months should be tremendous growth for Cirrus and its stock.....short of some economic collapse or War of course.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.