Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I was offered J. Lewis and R. Dayne for [Chester] Taylor. ... Lewis doesn't thrill me and R Dayne is a temporary stop-gap for a team that will always be in a must-pass situation, so I'm inclined to just suck it up and wait.

The guy must think you're as stupid as he was for drafting those two guys. Definitely wait rather than take this offer.

Clearly Taylor is the man in MN right now, and I'm optimistic that his OL play will get better, but can he really stand up to a whole season of 30 3-yd carries a game? ... I'd be interested if anyone has thoughts on Taylor and Lewis going forward.

This past offseason I was frankly stunned when the Ravens signed Jamal to the big contract. I was hoping they'd let Jamal walk and sign Taylor. I think Taylor's upside is bigger than Jamal's.

Let me clarify that. I don't think Taylor's peak value at any time in his career will be greater than Jamal's value at the peak of his career. But Jamal's peak is in the past, and Taylor still has a good chance to get better. I think the next 3 years of Chester Taylor will be worth more than the next 3 years of Jamal Lewis.

I don't know if Taylor can be an every-down between-the-tackles guy. You'd tend to think not. But Brad Childress is the OC from Philly; if they use Taylor the way Brian Westbrook is used, I think Taylor can be very very productive.

The only thing about Ron Dayne that makes me hesitate before flat-out tossing him on the scrap heap, is that Kubiak was the OC in Denver and made it a point to pick up Dayne. So he must see something he can use; and Dayne looked pretty decent the other day vs the Skins. Maybe there's a chance he can finally be productive.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.