Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I was one of the fools that sold half his position to take advantage of the seemingly mispriced CNXS on 10/5/06. Thought I was being Foolish and would be able to lower my cost basis by buying back once the price retreated. If it didn't retreat I was OK because I was always of the thought it was a one trick pony, and I still had half my holding.

At first I was upset with myself that I didn't see the sale coming. Had hoped this board might at least hear rumors of the business being for sale or a possible candidate for takeover. Decided that was an unrealistic expectation since nobody is supposed to know ahead of time.

Now I find that the mispricing was possibly driven by some insider knowledge being acted upon. The little guy gets screwed again. How could I have avoided this loss of profit? Were there signs I missed that this sale was coming or probable. Thanks for the education.

Lee
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.