Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
I was surprised by this at first too.

If I recall correctly, Toy Biz is a subsidiary of Marvel. Or something along that line.

I remember when Marvel bought them. One theory was that they could have more control over the production of their licensed toys. If this really happened, I believe it's been many years now.

Toy Biz has been busy making other toys. The only line I can recall is the Lord of the Rings line. That line is *scheduled* to release more figures this year with some possible set available but I've heard nothing new on this lately.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong about Marvel & Toy Biz.

Assuming, for the moment, that I am right. Does this deal with Hasbro allow them to retain control of Toy Biz (or for it to stay wholly owned or whatever) and allow Marvel to work with Hasbro?

Honestly, Hasbro has much more experience making toys than Toy Biz ever will. Toy Biz has done a good job on what I have seen (having purchased and enjoying many of the Marvel Legends figures they made myself)

While Hasbro is not doing stellar, it is doing nicely for a toy company in todays climate, right?

So if Toy Biz is somehow connected to Marvel by some sort or ownership or whatever, I assume they believe the deal with Hasbro would make up for the shortfall from Toy Biz operations?

What do you think?
JT
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.