Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 6
I was thinking to myself as we walked through that if, God forbid, there was a fire, that house would have been blown up to kingdom come. I momentarily considered making the fire dept aware as a safety measure, but didn't want to have a family member come after me for reporting the guy. We didn't buy the house.

This is a lack of knowledge. Ammo stored in the boxes they came in does not go BOOM when there is a fire. Ammo stored in a sealed metal ammo can could potentially burst due to pressure build up. Only a gun with a round in the chamber could be dangerous. A gun with a loaded magazine is not a problem in a fire either, it's only a gun with a round in the chamber ready to fire.

Not a problem storing ammo, however it seems like it would be..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SlOXowwC4c

Watch at 12:25
Go to 14:35 to hear the firefighter talking about standing in his gear while the burn took place.

Watch 17:40 onward where they simulated a retail ammo store with 115,000 round of ammo.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.