Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
I was wrong, Musk said FSD would make the Trashlas selling for $40,000 to $50,000 worth $100,000 to $200,000 in the near future. The $300,000 figure was from a month ago.

Here are my notes from Con Man this week:

Filling in my Tesla scorecard from past few days:

* $40k Model 3 drops to $39

* Ups entry-levels of Model S to $80k and Model X $85k and stops producing the lower range models while re-iterating there will be no refresh.

* Premium white car (paint) is new “standard” instead of black. (Just a few weeks ago, base white was supposed to be “new” standard. Then Elon says basic white adds too much “complexity” to service repairs, so “premium white” is the new “white”.)

Still with me?

* Black paint will now cost you $750 extra (Henry Ford is laughing somewhere.)

* Full Self-Drive going up by $1,000

* Elon tweets on a doubting-Thomas's thread and re-affirms Teslas with FSD will be worth “$100k - $200k, as utility increases from about 12 hour weekly to about 60 hours weekly.”

p.s. Don't even get me started on his little Nuerolink blah, blah from last night. I'm letting real Neurologists on Twitter blow holes through Musk's ruminative brain farts. The man is an absolute blithering boob.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.