Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
I wasn't addressing gay marriage specifically, but rather the persecution of gays in general. However, since you brought it up, let's look at Dr. Dobson's item no. 9, which he says is the most important.

I found the whole passage to be...uh…well…stupid, especially where he says, “…Instead of providing for a father and mother, the advent of homosexual marriage will create millions of motherless children and fatherless kids…”

What the…? I had to read that several times. Is this guy saying what I think he is? Does he actually think that someone like me (married with children) will change my mind if gay marriage is allowed? Does he think I would abandon my wife and children for Lance (pun intended) next door?

Or maybe he thinks there are millions of closet-gays who are married and have produced children, and are just waiting for an excuse to be who the really are.

Either way, the statement is ludicrous. People don't just choose their sexuality; and gay people don't generally produce children, because that would involve attraction to the opposite sex. I thought that was pretty well understood. Certainly a doctor should know that.

Just for the sake of argument, let's assume there are millions of children with homosexual parents. What makes this doctor think they would be abandoned if gay marriage is allowed? Where is the connection? What am I missing here?

If this is the best they have, I can almost hear the wedding bells.

RBC
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.