Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I went to a Nissan and Honda dealership this weekend and asked about financing plans for recent college grads and both said they don't offer any. The Honda sales guy told me that "special" financing is only available on Civics (I was looking at the Accord). And the Nissan salesperson told me to go through a credit union if I could because their financing rates range from 10 to 18%.

Do these plans range from dealership to dealership? I was under the impression that Honda, at least, would offer me some sort of plan. I am going to look at other
dealerships this weekend. Any suggestions on what else I could do?

=======================================================

I believe that the financing or rebates for College grads most often are offered by domestic car manfs.

In addition, if you are looking at buying a vehicle and haven't first looked at loans through banks or credit unions, you are doing yourself a disservice. Every dealership is going to give you high interest rate financing, unless you can inform them that you can get x% at your bank or credit union. I've found that on every vehicle I've purchased that the dealership then beat that %.

As always this is just my opinion,

Aaron
Print the post  

Announcements

Beware Flood-Damaged Cars
Know what you are getting, don't get stuck with a Katrina victim. Check these links before you buy.
Disclaimer - Please Read
A message about professional advice.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.