Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
I went whole hog late last year and bought an LG 4K OLED 65", an upgrade from a 47" Samsung that worked fine. I like it fine, but I'm not a connoisseur of video quality. These days it makes no sense to go less than 4K, which is now widespread. I don't think OLED makes any difference unless the source is 4K, of which I have few. But I wanted to buy something that wouldn't be obsolete when I blinked. Watching low-res stuff is now a bit more annoying, as they can only do so much fixing when putting it on a big high-res screen.

I have a bit of stock in OLED, which might have made that choice a bit easier for me.

I could have kept my old receiver, but instead I replaced that too with one I could run the HDMI through without loosing the 4k features. I upgraded to the 4k capable ROKU, and a 4k capable Blu-ray disk player.

If I hadn't done it yet I would do it again, but that's me.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.