Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 8
I will add to this my obligatory anecdote about being a *gaming widow*

WoW
LoL
other games ...

at least once a week there was raiding until 3-4am...

YES, he was home, but completely unresponsive. I swear if the house was burning down around him he would not have logged off.
and the next-day crankiness-lack of productivity - holy crap.

Now when I was traveling Mon-Thursday, and only even home 3 nights a week, and he worked 2 of those nights, if the third night was raiding, then i was furious...

Our schedules have changed, but there is still at at least one night/week that involves a raid in an imaginary world. And it does occasionally annoy me that the Raid Takes Precedence

He plans and schedules around the raid as if it were a job.
Where something I might want to do is OK to reschedule, the raid is sacred and mandatory...

I am not saying that you do this, but it may be her perception that in your world, Poker is MORE IMPORTANT than she is.

peace & PoV
t
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.