Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I will be having my taxes done soon and don't want to forget about any items that I can write off.

To keep it simple, pretty much everything associated with the property after you purchased it will be deductable - either now or over time. Bring the closing statement to your preparer along with all of your cash expenses for the property. Also figure up your car mileage for trips to the property. If you've gone too far, your preparer should ask questions and let you know.

--Peter
Print the post  

Announcements

Disclaimer:
In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.