Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
I will have qualifying w-2 and 1099 income this year. I do not have a current retirement plan.

I want to set up a SEP, a qualified IRA, and a non-deductible ROTH. Can I do this?

Can I contribute to the non-deductible Roth with stocks at their original purchase basis and then trade in this account to avoid taxes for the year of the trade?

Can I over contribute to the non-deductible Roth in order to avoid paying taxes on stock sales?

Thank you
Ann Marie
Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.