No. of Recommendations: 0
i will max out my 401K for this year. I want to invest
an additional $2000 in the Roth IRA........

My question is :

1. Where do I get the Roth IRA ? Do I have to buy it at
the bank, or some mutual fund company ?
2. What r the annual return percentages in the Roth

You get a Roth IRA the same way you would get a savings account.

Any mutual fund company, stock broker, bank etc will open an account if you ask. Just call them on the phone. There may be a small fee so you should ask about fees.

The question is what do you want to invest in. If is is CD's a bank maybe ok. If it is mutual funds a fund company. If you don't know, a broker who sells all types of securities maybe best. If you need alot of help try a full service broker. You maybe be able to use the same company who runs your 401k and invest in the same investments. Call them and see if they will set up a Roth.
Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.