Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I will read the articles next week sometime. Not surprised at all. We were in Denver last April. We saw cannabis being sold in dispensaries for about $100 out the door, including taxes. Outdoor grown, but supposedly pretty good. That comes out to $3.53 per gram, all in with taxes.

I think typical prices now are about $10.60 per gram for a premium ounce in CO. MA, an ounce out the door with tax will cost $420 (at least that is what a friend told me).

Companies will adjust. Again, I don't get too granular, but the ability to grow good cannabis is underestimated in my opinion. I think there will be a turning point, where some premium cannabis will generate better pricing. Craft like.

BTW, I was in a craft beer bar in Rome, and found a wonderful 2008 beer, De Dolle Oerbier Special Reserva. IIRC, I paid $35 Euro's for what I think was 12OZ bottle. So, there are those who pay up for a nice vintage. I typically don't do that, but will certainly spend $20 on a nice 4 pack. I think this could relate to cannabis as well.

OT: My wife finds it odd that I coupon shop, am typically quite frugal, but will spend without frugality on a nice beer.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.