Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 6
I wish they had given it to New York, but if we couldn't get it, I'm glad the Brits got it. At least they didn't give it to the French, and the way Jacques Chirac has been putting his foot in his mouth at the G8 summit, it might have started a war if they had. I can't even remember all the nasty things he said, but among them was his low opinion of British and Finnish food. There are more than a few people on the planet who think the French are rude, and their president has now proven that he is one Frenchman who fits the description. I'm damn glad they didn't give them another Olympics while he's in office.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.