Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 27
Hey all,
I have been away for awhile, but I think I mentioned my most recent training was all focused on getting ready for my first attempt at Scottish Highland Games

I WON!! Firsts on each of seven events and the overall.

And I managed NOT to fall on my butt on the weight for distance events...(this was a serious consideration...;^)

Weight training started in Nov last year. Throwing training started around March'ish with weights. Then about two weeks ago I went most of a week with just throwing.

Then a week off to recover and stretch out.

So I have now been banned from the C class and will be competing in the B class next time out. But even if there is an event in August...I think I want to train a bit more before that...so I may not see another competition till next year.

BUT THIS I GREAT!!! I have never won the whole thing before!!! I have taken heats and divisions...but never the big prize of first overall!

WOOO HOOO!!!!!

(ps...just a bit more bragging...my class included high schoolers, one a football player and a couple of twenty somethings...and I am pushing 39 in a few months. The OLD guy won!!!)
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.