No. of Recommendations: 2
I wonder what Bill's job is at Walmart. I suspect he ain't a lowly associate but in management.

time pause.

Did some internet poking around. WasMart has improved their health care plan.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/brucejapsen/2018/12/28/walmarts...

Almost a year after Amazon’s highly-publicized announcement to fix healthcare for its employees, rival Walmart is expanding benefits for its workers at specialized healthcare facilities across the U.S. after data showed improved outcomes.

Walmart is expanding its “Centers of Excellence Program,” which has doubled the number of partners in the last two years to 15 sites, offering specialized treatments for cancer, organ transplantation, spine, knee, hip and heart surgeries.

Under the Centers of Excellence Program, Walmart sends patients to sites like the Cleveland Clinic or Mayo Clinic to better ensure patients are getting evaluated to make sure they actually need care. And if they do need treatment, the Centers of Excellence are supposed to make sure its done right the first time to improve quality and keep the employee healthy and working.

Walmart’s medical care provider partnerships in the Centers of Excellence program include Cleveland Clinic, Emory Healthcare, Geisinger Health System, Johns Hopkins, the Mayo Clinic, and Memorial Hermann.

OK WOW. I am impressed.
There used to be a requirement that associates had to work 30 hours a week to qualify for WalMart's health care plan. I wonder if that still applies. And whether Walmart manages health care costs vis limiting associates from working that 30 hour threshold.
Print the post  

Announcements

This is a Politics Free Board
Politically charged posts are not permitted on the Metar Board. If you make a political post, and it is alerted, the post will be removed. Thanks!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.