Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 6
I would actually bring home more,*including if taxes were withheld*, if I were receiving unemployment and pulled the kids at of daycare.

That’s right ladies and gents, I’d be more ahead financially.

Something is seriously effed up about all that. I don’t know how to fix it, but that is majorly effed up. To get 9 years out of college and make enough less that unemployment nets me more money? Nuts.

I disagree with the premise of this argument. You would not be bringing in more income on unemployment. Your circumstances would have changed allowing you to stay home and reduce your childcare expenses, but your actual income would have gone down.

To accurrately compare the two, you would have to calculate what would happen if you were on unemployment and left the kids in daycare.

Another thing to consider is that unemployment has a timeline. You could not survive on it forever.

Also, since it's a liberal handout for freeloaders, I would hope that you would say a weekly prayer at a home shrine to Ronald Reagan to help motivate you to pull yourself up by your bootstraps, work a little harder, and live the Ameruhcan dream of self-suffiency.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.