Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I would appreciate any comments, criticisms, or
corrections.<<<

Comments only:

No matter what the overall score, I'd like to see net margins above 7% preferably in double digits before crowning a cash king. Usually one would like to see sales over $1 billion as well (sometimes this rule gets a little bent around here)

That said I've been subjectively impressed with Papa Johns in my local area. I hadn't heard of them until 6 months ago. Ordered their pizza recently. It tastes better than dominos or the hut but not by much and certainly is lacking when compared to some of our local upscale pizza places. What impressed me most was the sight of three Papa john delivery cars within ten minutes last night while I was driving home. My immediate impression is that they must be in a growth phase.

I think they would be riskier than the average rulemaker. Lots of competition, low margins...could be a merchant king. If however they are growing rapidly the risk may be worth the reward.

-MarkV

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.