Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 8
I would consider turning over my taxable account to ESTC at these levels, but being about 3 weeks away from a new tax year, I just can't justify doing it until after Jan 1st. That way I delay my tax hit by about 15 months, which more than allows upside to cover the tax owed (imo).

So in a weird spot where I want ESTC to go up for ego's sake to finish YTD strong, but on other hand ok with ESTC being in mid/low's $60s on Jan 2nd to turnover taxable.

Doesn't mean I don't believe in TTD or AYX, just not to the same degree as ESTC in the low $60s.

Meh.

I guess, as long as TTD/AYX don't collapse the next 3 weeks, I could live with no ESTC movement.
Win-win I suppose.

If ESTC does pop at some point in next 3 weeks, I can pocket gains from my recent allotments, too.

We will see. Enjoy the weekend all...I am too tired from the day job to think right now. Creamsicles sound good.

Dreamer
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.