Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I would like to note that I am not a finanacial planner or have any connection to the stock market other then my person brokerage account. That being said, please continue reading.

It is true that a person will tend to have their own best interest at heart.....but, if a person is not skilled in a particular area, it will not matter where there best interest lay. Since most people do not know the proper bench marks to watch for when review a stock for purchase, it is best to have the aid of a pro.

Even though there are people out there who think that they are the "bomb" when it comes to handling their own trading, how many of them walk away with a true profit by the end of the year. How many walk away with the amount of money they thought they would make.

If trading the stock market were easy, then you would be right and people would not need the advise of a pro. But since the stock market is not easy, and since the average person's purchasing descisions are made on emotion, not logic, then a neutral 3rd party is needed (if you want to make money).

Yes, there are a large number of people who can claim "I made money on the stock market", but it is a small number comparied to the number of people who lost money on the stock market.

A pro financial planner will be able to assist you in creating a portfolio which meets your long term needs.

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.