Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I would like to submit Papa John's (PZZA) as a possible
RuleMaker company. Listed below is the RuleMaker
qualifications. They don't yet have great net margins
or true monopoly status but their other financials and
business prospects are pretty good.

I think we should wait a while before considering PZZA as a RuleMaker.

1. As noted sales are not $1 billion yet. This hasn't always stopped us, but recent experience suggests that it may be a few years before sales get to this level.

2. The one competitor that has been identified (YUM) is 10 times the size of PZZA, and it has two divisions that are in at least somewhat different areas of business (i.e., chicken and Mexican food with no delivery). This makes direct comparisons of some question.

3. If possible, I'd like to see comparisons to other pure Pizza franchises, such as Numero Uno.

4. Moreover, the RM scores have been dropping each year as the business has been growing. This makes me even more anxious to wait until I see $1 billion in sales before doing any more work to decide where PZZA is really a RuleMaker.

Al
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.