No. of Recommendations: 2
I would reboot the phone - might not help, but it is easy.

Assuming that did not work, I would connect the phone to my computer by the wire. I would back it up manually and they I would restore it. If you have some how corrupted the iOS software this will give you a new copy.

I feel very confident Apple will do nothing about the hardware until you have gone through these steps -- the main reason I say that is my dealings with Apple when I have had weirdnesses.

In the event you do not have the current version of iOS, the restore will give you the current version. (I have noted a tendency on your part to be late at OS updates. Maybe you just found one of the items Apple calls 'bug fixes' that happen with each new version of iOS 12.x)
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.