Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 4
I wouldn't be surprised if they get together in the future, but apparently not today.

..I would guess Tesla is testing/using their systems in their research and development of autonomous driving vehicles..

..not enough to be considered an OEM, but certainly an interest..

..Musk tends to speak rather freely, and often drops meaningful tidbits of information, so any mention of another company or technology is like a grenade going off in my mind..

..will definitely pick up some shares as autonomous driving is coming quickly, assisted driving at first but eventually the car will simply drive itself..

..the beauty, of course, will be the ability to set your trip in advance, and knowing you'll be sleeping for the next 500 miles, you may set it to drive more slowly, perhaps saving on tolls (tolls would increase based on speed) and arriving at your destination as you wake up in the morning, rather than the middle of the night..

..the options with autonomous driving will be spellbinding, in my opinion, I just hope I live long enough to see them.. :)
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.