Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 4
I'd definitely agree with the search function. And it would probably be nice to be able to edit the original post.

In my experience (I have an engineering degree and have done a lot of computer related work) often simplicity is best. Allowing attachments can open up a can of worms (do they have malware) and videos/photos can also be problematic due to people abusing it (nudity, violence, excessively large images, etc.).

I tend to be on the "older" boards like Bogleheads, another one that doesn't allow much of what you are asking for (although their search is good and you can edit posts) and a sports one that is also rather primitive.

I'm not saying you can't do those things but I'm not sure if it is worth the cost to upgrade these boards.

Anyhow good luck and thanks for the posts you have made. I'm usually a lurker since I'm not in the business.

Rich
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.