No. of Recommendations: 3
I'll add my $0.02.

Definitely change out anything that screams 1970s. DW & I recently looked at a house and the bathroom was probably like yours. Everything about it screamed 70s/80s. Gold faucets, gold towel bars, gold shower door knob, etc., etc., etc. Immediately made us wonder about general upkeep and maintenance of the entire house.

What you replace, go neutral, not necessarily trendy. Buyers can add their own touch to the place with accent pieces and doo-dads and not be worried about their stuff matching some bright color and ultra-modern light fixtures. Toupe and shaker beige are great wall colors.

Definitely declutter, especially closets. Get rid of 1/2 the stuff in them so they look bigger. Plus, makes it easier for the buyer to imagine their stuff in there.

JLC
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.